Monday, January 26, 2009

Leigh's dress

Ok ya'll, this is my current project with Leigh. Still waiting for Amanda to come back so I can take photos of her in her gown, so hang on. I know you are all waiting with baited breath, but just hang on a leetle longer and all your hopes (and dreams and longings :D) will be answered.

Thank you. Please hold the applause.


Very rudimentary drawing of the dress I wish to make for the blondie-girl.
Misc. Pictures of the blondie girl for reference (so you can see how blindingly beautiful she looks in my 'creations'.)




Ditto. Back view of Hope's dress which Leigh can wear. She's not smug at all. :D




Very wrinkly fabric which I shall have to either starch or get wet and iron before all the stubborn wrinkles come out. We found it together at Joanns. I favored a champagne colored calico with a white leaf print, but Leigh liked this one better and I must say it looks period correct.




Just so you can see how large the print is. My good scissors are roughly a foot and some inches long.
That's it for now, folks! I'll post updates since I don't need to wait for someone to come over to take pictures.
Oh, and don't tell Leigh, this is her Birthday Present.

No comments:

Post a Comment