My current project. I'm a little ways away from finishing: Amanda is coming over Thursday for the final. Then we are going to start a jacket for her walking gown. This is a sage green dupioni ball gown. I just found out that dupioni is quite incorrect for the period, but oh well. Next time we'll do one that is correct-er. :D
The inside neckline facing. I didn't use the same color thread as lining, but I don't think anyone will ask to see. Amanda originally started this ball gown on her own but got stuck and came to ask for help. We ended up doing a lot of things she hadn't started out to do.
Inside waist facing. much wider than is period correct, but I'll not quibble. The metal gromets are likewise incorrect, but we're going for basic look not detail. I did handsew an awful lot of things, though, because it would have shown otherwise. I've gotten a lot better at handsewing than I used to be. At one time hemming six yards of skirt by hand would have looked like a daunting task.
Nana gave me this lace from Grandma Brick's stash, after she had died and no longer wanted it. Maybe it's sentimental, but I think it's nice that Grandma's lace will go on a ballgown.