I've been extremely busy - more so than usual - recently. Two of my sisters are getting married!!!! In between trying to reorganize our household, move, get some houses ready to go on the market and plan two weddings I've been dividing my time between altering Leah's wedding dress and sewing little things therapeutically.
This is my accessory post. :D
I made a purple silk belt out of scraps - linen backing, some belt stiffener cut to size sandwiched in the middle and some blue/red changeable taffeta for the outside with a self-fabric rosette and a faux jet button in the middle of the rosette. I really like it! It stays where it's supposed to, unlike the ribbon belt I'd been using before.
The second accessory which took the longest (November til May, seriously!) is a swiss waist, made out of the leftovers of the red silk dress I made for the weddings LAST year. It's dupioni, which is NOT period correct, but it's not very slubby, and from a little ways away the slubs are barely noticeable. I'm not wearing it over the proper skirt, it's just two petticoats and a white waist I made for Anna.
I shall post my ballgown, which is also finished (!!!!) when I get good pictures of it, becuase it is too glorious to post ok pictures of, which is all I have now. Here is a teaser, however:
And now on to the accessories: