Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another reenactment, at Jackson!

I finally finished a gown for Anna! I gauged the skirt, and currently do not have any pictures close of that. I'm happy with how pretty and even the gauging turned out!

The other four of us girls are all dressed in shades of blue, but Anna needed something different because she is so different from the rest of us. Something unique. :D So she got a coral color for her gown. It has an infant bodice that is pleated. I'm not at all happy with the cotton I got for her dress. It's the same company as the stuff I got for myself which I really really like. It's quite heavy for a gown, but it has very little wrinkle and the color has stayed well. Anna's on the other hand, when I washed it before cutting it out faded along the wrinkle lines. Quite badly. I really don't think this one will last very long, which is a real shame!

I'm not too happy with my infant bodice either. I was doing it last minute and didn't take the time I normally would have, so the pleats are crooked and it just doesn't look quite right. I'm going to take the whole thing apart and redo it. I like the sleeves, but that's about it.

The boys came along with us, and just dressed as they usually do, only they added hats. They even look semi-right!









No comments:

Post a Comment