Monday, February 23, 2009

My own gown

This is the first civil war era gown I ever made, and it actually belongs to the mid-50s instead of the 60s. There are things about it that are correct and things that aren't. For my debut I used an old tablecloth so I wasn't wasting fabric, and it actually turned out well. There was not enough cloth to make a decent skirt (it's not full enough in the back, as you can see,) but I'm happy with it, all in all. I used black velvet to augment the skirt, make it a little bigger and longer, which actually worked out. The collar is also black velvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment